Consulting & accounting
Securing the confidentiality of high-value information is an integral part of the service consulting, and accounting companies offer. They access such information daily through multiple channels and devices. This, in turn, creates an attack vector for cybercriminals to target employee accounts with phishing schemes to obtain corporate information.
Cyberattacks being reported daily to the ICCC in 2020
More likely to be targeted than other businesses
Of small businesses identified at least one breach or attack in the last 12 months
Like many other industries, attacks in the accounting and consulting industry focus on employees and exploit their access to sensitive data or the corporate database. The main target of cybercriminals is the data of third-party entities – the clients. It could be collected by obtaining the clearance and credentials used by accountants and auditors to provide easy access. Other problems the industry faces:
- Emphasis on securing endpoints such as employee personal devices, rather than on corporate networks.
- Need for secure storage – cloud services provide convenience, but little in the way of security guarantees.
- Storing information on-premises instead of on the cloud collides with the need for employees to access it from different locations and at different times.These challenges outline the need for secure communications and storage of messages and documents on mobile devices.
Secure Group’s approach to security combines strong encryption, securing app and device storage, and fixing the many inherent vulnerabilities of smartphones with modifications going as deep as the OS kernel and the boot-up process. In short, we protect sensitive information in transit, within the apps, and on the device. Only the user has the key to access communications.
- Use Secure Group’s communication apps suite for end-to-end encrypted messages, calls, and emails.
- Transfer documents securely through the encrypted file-sharing functionality.
- Benefit from the apps’ encrypted storage.